Chen, Li, Taudes, Alfred, Wang, Chao, Hou, Hanping. 2011. A highway freight transport platform for the Chinese freight market - Requirements analysis and case study. In IEEE Forum on Integrated and Sustainable Transportation System (FISTS), 2011, Hrsg. IEEE, 344-350. Wien: IEEE Press.
A key success factor for a highway freight transport platform is the alignment with the requirements of the local market and its stakeholders. This research firstly analyzes the stakeholders' characteristics and relations in the Chinese highway freight transport market. Based on the different information requirements found and the current market situation, a framework for a Chinese highway freight transport platform that supports the integration of the hithero scattered transport resources is developed. Then, the implementation of the framework is described via a case study. The main idea of this research is that the management model is as important as advanced technology, and that future developments like green transport should be taken into consideration to support sustainable development.
|Status of publication||Published|
|Type of publication||Contribution to conference proceedings|
|Title||A highway freight transport platform for the Chinese freight market - Requirements analysis and case study|
|Title of whole publication||IEEE Forum on Integrated and Sustainable Transportation System (FISTS), 2011|
- Chen, Li (Former researcher)
- Taudes, Alfred (Details)
- Hou, Hanping (Beijing Jiaotong University)
- Wang, Chao (Beijing Jiaotong University, China)
- Produktionsmanagement (Taudes) (Details)
- Research Institute for Supply Chain Management FI (Details)
- Research areas (ÖSTAT Classification 'Statistik Austria')
- 1109 Information and data processing (Details)
- 1121 Operations research (Details)
- 5333 Business management (Details)