Services of general interest in the EU: a citizens' perspective on public versus private provision
Type Research Project
- EU (ERASMUS+ Programme)
Duration Sept. 1, 2014 - Aug. 31, 2017
TagsPress 'enter' for creating the tag
- Kostal, Thomas (Details) Project Head
- Obermann, Gabriel (Former researcher) Project Head
The EUsers Network aims at encouraging the diffusion of innovative teaching approaches, applied research and policy debate on services of general interest (SGI) in the European Union from a citizens¿ perspective, by creating a network of six universities. The contribution of the EUsers to the EU policy debate on SGI is to analyse the users¿ perspective. The EUsers network¿s activities will focus mainly on network SGI such as energy, telecommunications, transport and environmental services. Key questions addressed by the EUsers include:
¿ How should governments define the mission, performance criteria, and governance mechanisms of public enterprises providing SGI?
¿ How should they regulate the enterprise if provision is private or mixed?
- Università degli Studi di Milano, Prof. M. Florio - Italy
- Universität Leipzig, Prof. U. Papenfuß - Germany
- Université de Rouen, Prof. P. Bance - France
- University of Greenwich, Prof. J. Lethbridge - United Kingdom
- ¿bo Akademi University School of Business and Economics, Prof. J. Willner - Finland