Soheil HumanSoheil Human MSc.
- +43 1 31336 5198
- About me:
- **Homepage:** [https://nm.wu.ac.at/nm/human](https://nm.wu.ac.at/nm/human) Soheil Human has an interdisciplinary background in Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Science, History and Philosophy of Science and Science-Technology-Society (STS). Currently, he is a research and teaching associate at the Institute for Information Systems and New Media of the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU Wien) and a lecturer at the Department of Philosophy of the University of Vienna. He is the project lead of our FFG-funded project EXPEDiTE (EXPloring opportunities and challenges for Emerging personal DaTa Ecosystems: Empowering humans in the age of the GDPR - A Roadmap for Austria). His current research focus is on human needs & values, digital privacy, human-centric information systems and algorithmic accountability. Soheil applies a wide range of theories and methods from Philosophy, Cognitive & Information Economics, Conceptual & Computational Cognitive Modelling, Artificial Intelligence, and Semantic Web in his research. His other research interests involve digital rights, pluralism & epistemic disagreements, predictive processing, and socio-technical imaginaries.
No curriculum entries found.
No researcher identifier found.
Awards and Honors
- WU Award for Outstanding Reserach Achievements
- WU Award for the Acquisition of Third-Party Funding (EXPEDiTE Project)
- WU Award for the Acquisition of Third-Party Funding (OpeNeeD Project)
- KESW2017 Best paper award for "Societal Challenges"
No classifications found.
- Cognitive Modelling
- Information Economics
- Information Business & Infonomics
- Knowledge Engineering
- Cognitive Science
- Cognitive Economics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Semantic Web
- Sustainable Computing
- Science and Technology Studies (STS)
- Philosophy of Science
|Position in scientific committee|
|2019||Workshop on Engineering Accountable Information Systems - Program Committee|
|Position in jury, advisory board, curatorship|
|since 2019||Department of Information Systems & Operations, Vienna University of Economics and Business - Member of Department Conference|
|Reviewer for an international conference|
|2019||ICIS 2019 – International Conference on Information Systems - Reviewer|
|Organization scientific meeting (Conference etc.)|
|2019||MyData Conference - Session chair|
|2019-2020||HICSS 53 - Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences - Chair (Mini-track on "End-user Empowerment in the Digital Age"))|
|Organization other meeting (Excursion etc.)|
|since 2019||MyData Austria Meetups - Co-host|
|2019||Excursion to "s IT Solutions" - Organizer|
|Attendance scientific meeting (Conference etc.)|
|2019||Expert Workshop on Ethical and Legal Challenges of New ICT and Security/Cybersecurity - Invited External Expert|
|since 2019||MyData Hub Austria - Co-founder|
|2018||Human, Soheil, Peschl, Markus, Bidabadi, Golnaz, Savenkov, Vadim. 2018. An Enactive Theory of Need Satisfaction. In PT-AI 2017: Philosophy and Theory of Artificial Intelligence 2017, Hrsg. Vincent C. Müller, 40-42. Leeds: Springer.||(Details)|
|Human, Soheil, Bidabadi, Golnaz, Savenkov, Vadim. 2018. Supporting Pluralism by Artificial Intelligence: Conceptualizing Epistemic Disagreements As Digital Artifacts. In PT-AI 2017: Philosophy and Theory of Artificial Intelligence 2017, Hrsg. Vincent C. Müller, 190-193. Leeds: Springer.||(Details)|
|2017||Human, Soheil, Fahrenbach, Florian, Kragulj, Florian, Savenkov, Vadim. 2017. Ontology for Representing Human Needs. In Knowledge Engineering and Semantic Web, Hrsg. Przemysław Różewski, Christoph Lange, 195-210. Szczecin: Springer.||(Details)|
|2018||Human, Soheil, Wagner, Benjamin. 2018. Is Informed Consent Enough? Considering Predictive Approaches to Privacy. CHI2018 Workshop on Exploring Individual Differences in Privacy, Montreal, Canada, 21.04.||(Details)|
|2017||Human, Soheil, Bidabadi, Golnaz, Peschl, Markus. 2017. Learning to Satisfy Needs: Predictive Processing vs. Deep Learning. EUCognition, Zurich, Switzerland, 23.11.-24.11.||(Details)|